Gas Mileage Tips
- Check and/or change your air filter every 6 months to improve fuel economy and keep your engine running smoothly.
- Don't top off. Don't bother topping off when filling your car's gas tank. Any additional gas is just going to slop around or seep out.
- Tighten up that gas cap. Gas will evaporate from your car's gas tank if it has an escape. Loose, missing or damaged gas caps cause 147 million gallons of gas to evaporate each year.
- Go for the shade. The hot summer sun that makes the inside of your car feel like a sauna also evaporates fuel from your gas tank.
- Use the right oil. You can improve your car's gas mileage by 1 percent to 2 percent by using the manufacturer's recommended grade of motor oil.