Tire Maintenance and Care
- Rotate your tires every 5,000 miles or every 6 months.
- Check your tire pressures approximately once a week. Low tire pressures can affect fuel economy, handling and comfort. To accurately measure your tire pressure, check tires when they are cold. Wait at least three hours after driving.
- Always make sure that your wheels are properly aligned. Badly aligned wheels will again lead to dragging of the car on the road.
- Check your spare tire each month and keep it properly inflated so it¹s ready to go when you need it most.
- Use the penny trick to determine if the tread on your tires is worn to low. Take a penny and put Abraham Lincoln's head into one of the grooves of the tread. If part of his head is covered by the tread, you're ok. If you can see all of his head, it's time to replace the tire. When the tread is worn down to 1/16 of an inch, tires must be replaced.